The second annual Heartland Fall Forum – the joint trade show put on by both the Great Lakes Independent Booksellers Association and the Midwest Independent Booksellers Association – is coming to Chicago this fall! It will be happening from October 3 through 6 at the Crowne Plaza O'Hare Chicago.
We're going to be exhibiting in force again this year in Chicago – Stu, Roy, Ted, and I will all be there! We've got books and friends from some of our publishers coming in from all over the country, and our booth promises to be a hot spot for authors!
Roy will be taking part in the Rep Around Luncheon on Saturday, sharing his take on the top picks from our publishers.
I'll be hosting the Reading Room on Friday evening again, introducing three authors who will each read from their new novels. That happens just before the Authors Feast.
- Daniel Alarcon, At Night We Walk in Circles, Riverhead
- Gina Frangello, A Life in Men, Algonquin
- Brigid Pasulka, The Sun and Other Stars, Simon & Schuster
Many of our publishers have special offers that will be active for the show. You can download the list here.
On Saturday, during the show floor exhibits, we'll have many authors in the booth with us, including Charlie Quimby, author of Monument Road, one of ABA's featured Indies Introduce Debut Authors for Fall, and Jeff Korhan, author of Built-in Social from Wiley, who'll be helping anchor an educational panel on social media for booksellers on Friday afternoon.
10 AM to 11 AM
- John Hanley, author of W is for Wrigley (Sleeping Bear Press)
- Ellen Hart, author of both The Mirror And The Mask and The Cruel Ever After (Bywater Books / Consortium)
11 AM to 12 PM
- Esther Hershenhorn, author of Txting Mama, Txting Baby (Sleeping Bear Press)
- Bill Hillmann, author of The Old Neighborhood (Curbside Splendor / Consortium)
2 PM to 3 PM
- Jeff Korhan, author of Built-In Social (Wiley)
- Eric Charles May, author of Bedrock Faith (Akashic Books / Consortium)
3 PM to 4 PM
- Laurie Loewenstein, author of Unmentionables (Akashic Books / Consortium)
- author TBA (Curbside Splendor / Consortium)
4 PM to 5 PM
- Charlie Quimby, author of Monument Road (Torrey House Press / Consortium)
Here's a video from the ABA, introducing Charlie Quimby: